Sunday 8 September 2013

#1: The land of Prince & Princess!

Ever wondered about transforming yourself to look like the Dutchess of Cambridge? Or dreamt of giving yourself a makeover? Well, I have a surprise for you!

Meet Pallavi Sehgal, Director, Prince & Princess Unisex Salon. She is all of 25, and is already running three salons. A hairstylist and makeup artist by profession, she underwent training in India and abroad. 

"I have been working since the age of 19. Before I got married and moved back to Delhi, I owned a boutique in Mumbai. Prince & Princess Unisex Salons & Spas were one of my husband's family businesses, which I decided to take over. Our goal is to make the client feel like a star. The woman should feel confident in her own skin. Apart from providing salon and spa services, we even have a cosmetic surgeon, a dietitian, a stylist and a photographer on board," she shares.

Ask her about her inspiration and she lights up. "I just could not sit at one place. I needed to work and do something constructive. So, why not start as the boss? Ha!" she then adds, "My husband is into construction; he likes to build stuff. But on the other hand he is a fabulous hairstylist. You've got to watch him work."

"The creative side of me always wanted to hold a brush. But you know what? I stink at painting. So..," she giggles. 

On quizzing her about the best part of her job, she has an entire list ready, "I learn something new everyday. I absolutely enjoy meeting new people. And to help brides get ready for their big day, making them feel confident about themselves, is a feeling I cannot describe."






"I'm loving it," she concludes.

And boy, so do we.

Please Note: Pallavi is a fellow Dipsite, a batch-mate, and I could not be more happy and proud to feature her on my blog. More power to you, babe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment